- Glasgow scientist wins award for disease detection | Herald Scotland http://t.co/aVzVgWvHmr via @
- Richard Smith: Stratified, personalised, or precision medicine http://t.co/BpLzVvzjt2
- New treatments see blood cancer survival rates up - Health - http://t.co/ss8qL7GgxR: http://t.co/gG0b8Ux6zq
- Antibiotics linked to longer life | Herald Scotland http://t.co/4tet0r5J2g via @
- BBC News - What kind of NHS can Britain afford? http://t.co/d43xAsiqBE
- Comment: Scotland needs free cancer drug access - News - http://t.co/ss8qL7GgxR: http://t.co/fDnlxb4L5X
- BBC News - Scots NHS alert line taking calls from rest of UK http://t.co/w45PdO9NQI
- Scientists hope chemicals found in sea could pave way for treatments | Herald Scotland http://t.co/o95viBbNev via @
- Scientists use skin to create stem cells - Health - http://t.co/5KO1Mcyue1: http://t.co/La1R61GmMW
- RT @ : RT @ : Remember you can catch today's #EIE13 video pitches here: http://t.co/f3m0YS3kWU
- So does the Myriad approach constrain and free innovation in genomics? http://t.co/D9jamXOUB3
- Myriad Genetics stock rises on Angelina Jolie surgery http://t.co/PnK3omGviY via @
- Expert ‘shocked’ at Scots’ heart disease problems - Health - http://t.co/5KO1Mcyue1: http://t.co/k4pcNcsFq6
- The Saltire Fellowship funded positions for the life science sector http://t.co/n6doax094Z
Calls for R&D Proposals
Universal Biotech Innovation Prize
The Universal Biotech Innovation Prize is intended for International Project owners within young biotech companies and for academic members working in research. This grant rewards the best innovation within the three areas of Preventative & Curative Therapies, Medical Devices, Technology Tools. Universal Biotech is partnering with important figures from industry and also from French and International Institutions. The Grant will be up to 100 000 Euros including on year free of charges consulting services from Universal Medica Group.
Applications must be sent before 15th April 2012.
Target Development Fund
the Target Development Fund has been set up with the support of TPP Global Development (TPP), the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) and the University of Dundee to enable progression of research discoveries into marketed human therapies. The activities of the fund will centre around the UK's leading academic centre for drug discovery and development, the University of Dundee's Drug Development Unit (DDU). The Fund will support the translation of world-class life sciences research into early phase drug discovery and development projects that adress clear unmet medical needs.
Closing date for preliminary applications is 16th April 2012
Dundee Cancer Centre
Dundee Cancer Centre is inviting proposals under its Development Fund which seeks to support new, innovative and cutting edge projects that would advance the aims for the Centre in cancer research, training and public engagement. The funding of up to £30,000 is available for new projects focused on cancer and to be led by researchers and/or clinicians in NHS Tayside and University of Dundee.
Closing date for submission of proposals is 1st May 2012.
Statifed Medicine - Diagnostics for Adverse or Non-Response
The government is invited UK companies to apply for funding to develop tests that will indentify patients at risk of either suffering an adverse response or not responding to specific therapies. The Technology Strategy Board, in partnership with Development of Health, will invest up to £7.5 million through the award of development contracts. Selection will be made primarily on the potential value of the proposed products to the health service.
Register by 6th June 2012; applications then to be submitted by 13th une 2012.