- SULSA and SLAS Announce Drug Target Validation Conference #SULSA http://t.co/98nVfnGL1n via @SULSAtweets
- BBC News - Medical imaging centre in Glasgow awarded £16m funding http://t.co/N9Yxvzkf9v
- REF Results Announced: http://t.co/WZMsasqfPK
- "Making a difference " by @HealthSciScot on @LinkedIn https://t.co/Annsdj7yGd
- Scots scientists ‘using stem cells to make blood’ - The Scotsman: http://t.co/ox0RgP4130
- Linking UK Life Sciences - UKTI’s Life Sciences Organisation (LSO) & Office for Life Sciences (OLS) - http://t.co/VcmPTN9rAt website launch
- Pharmacogenetics and Stratified Medicine https://t.co/jgEuAG3fmk
- Gene therapy could help thousands of blind people - The Scotsman: http://t.co/AL7bmtiLVg
- Enterprise Europe Scotland - Latest News http://t.co/2tnf30NMcf
- Diagnosis of rare genetic diseases to be possible in minutes £1M seed funding - Cambridge Innovation Capital http://t.co/qNGH3idhxD
Scottish Centre For Regenerative Medicine
The goal of the Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine is to generate a new class of medicines that promote repair and which, taken together with conventional medicines, will enable physicians to both treat cause and reverse damage. To enable this, the Scottish Government and the University of Edinburgh have jointly invested over £600m in a new Centre purpose built for stem cell biology and medicine. In addition to 3,500 sqm of laboratory space and state of the art tissue culture facilities, the building contains imaging and small animal surgery facilities, a 7 room cGMP facility suitable for ATMP work alongside an academic cell therapy unit.
The centre brings together two scientific groups – stem cell biologists of the internationally-leading Institute of Stem Cell Research and clinical academics working on regeneration in liver, blood and brain – with scientists expert in the derivation and manufacture cells at cGMP grade working with the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service and a not-for-profit company Roslin Cells.
The excellence of this innovative development has already been recognised by the award of MRC Centre status. The resulting community, already more than 150 strong and growing is uniquely placed to collaborate with industry in the discovery and delivery of novel therapies in regenerative medicine.