- SE Life Sciences Dinner and Awards 2015 - now open for Registration and Nominations. Nominations close 29th Oct 14. http://t.co/fDECYMAUZE
- #FundBio14 - 'Funding Fundamentals for Life Science Entrepreneurs' Thursday 2nd October 2014, 9.30am - 4.00pm http://t.co/m82ynkPgZp
- ‘Obtaining and Developing your Brand’- an MBM Commercial and BioQuarter Commercialisation Event - http://t.co/h62gHgjtdt - 25th Sept 2014
- A strong European policy to support(SMEs) & entrepreneurs 2015-2020 Public consultation on the Small Business Act http://t.co/OJ54HkGYis
- BBC News - Whole organ 'grown' in world first http://t.co/U45nzirxhJ
- £14 million for Innovation Centres announced today - http://t.co/ZFeGPuTsb8
- BBC News - Tiny pieces of gold 'boost brain cancer therapy' in lab http://t.co/QKiZV9txQ3
- Natural Product Biotechnology 2014 - Early Bird Registration Deadline Approaching: http://t.co/us4pKbWxzS
- Check out "Accelerator Workshop 2014" http://t.co/hCs7AlfFII via @eventbrite
- A chance for young people (8-17) to ask an astronaut a question on the international space station. http://t.co/shYfrhekUC
- BBC News - Chancellor announces £23.9m business, life science and arts funding for Glasgow http://t.co/y9PsndC31D
- UK’s fastest heart attack treatment http://t.co/BgXn5y2HgP
Scottish Centre For Regenerative Medicine
The goal of the Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine is to generate a new class of medicines that promote repair and which, taken together with conventional medicines, will enable physicians to both treat cause and reverse damage. To enable this, the Scottish Government and the University of Edinburgh have jointly invested over £600m in a new Centre purpose built for stem cell biology and medicine. In addition to 3,500 sqm of laboratory space and state of the art tissue culture facilities, the building contains imaging and small animal surgery facilities, a 7 room cGMP facility suitable for ATMP work alongside an academic cell therapy unit.
The centre brings together two scientific groups – stem cell biologists of the internationally-leading Institute of Stem Cell Research and clinical academics working on regeneration in liver, blood and brain – with scientists expert in the derivation and manufacture cells at cGMP grade working with the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service and a not-for-profit company Roslin Cells.
The excellence of this innovative development has already been recognised by the award of MRC Centre status. The resulting community, already more than 150 strong and growing is uniquely placed to collaborate with industry in the discovery and delivery of novel therapies in regenerative medicine.